Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Visitor Center WIP Part 3 - The Engine Killer


Well, since I have several days worth of work to summarize (thank Walmart for asking me to come in on one of my days off to help clean up the backroom), this won't be a verbatim repost of what was in the TresCom Forums.

I have expanded my work beyond the Cafe.  Here's some shots of the floor immediately above the Cafe:



The room behind this sitting area is the Conference Room, this is where the main characters have their lunch in the movie before meeting Lex and Tim and heading out on the tour.

In order to get up to my goal of about 15 FPS in the Cafe, I reduced the chairs to the most simple form possible:



Yup, opacity maps galore.  Then when I started importing parts of the Main Hall/Lobby, I had an engine fowl up:



And, after some manipulation of the occlusion object and reducing some more polygons I was able to get everything working again:


Being a modeller is more interesting than being a simple level designer in this engine, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment